Sunday, December 7, 2014

We are in the distance. written by Mina

We are in the distance
-Respond to W. B. Yeats’s poem "Hound Voice"


Written by Mina Cho



Like the unmanned aerial vehicle system to go to the Moon or Mars.
I wish the old mother would be in peace
In every day she could take the meals, food and drugs
By calling the phone to talk with
I could contact with the old friends by Kakao Talk.


Or I could call the true comrades in the world
By the Facebook Discussing about the endless and mystical old myth
Suddenly I was light sleeping.
In the night of the full moon
I can hear the wolf’s growling from a distance


The sound of the dragging dress of the Moon
While it goes for a walk.
And I hear the hounds voice around the village.
I would be a lonely hare on the deep mountain, watching down all scenes.
And I am grinning
By looking up the dark sky from a distance.

In the night of the full moon
The lonely hare is jumping out highly
Rhyming the sound of the wolf’s growling
The awakened hare is jumping out with its front feet excitedly
From the mountain top to the mountain top
From the faraway, I would tart myself up
To call out for the hunters and hounds
As I am starting to jump into
The silent and quirky mountain slopes
In my soul persistently.

2 comments:

  1. The poem is to search for the Holy Grail, symbolized as the hare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot separate the lines for the song.

    ReplyDelete